Locals recently participated in a national honesty experiment to see how many people would pay or not pay based on the honor system. Pop-up stands stocked with Honest Tea beverages in Seattle and a jar asking for $1, deciphered the honest individuals from the takers. Overall, Northwest folks proved to be an ethical group with a 96 percent honesty rating, right below Salt Lake City and Oakland who achieved 100 percent honesty ratings. Here are the other results.
- Northwest men were 78 percent honest, which was higher than women, who were just 73 percent honest.
- People here who were wearing plaid were 86 percent honest.
- In the Northwest, guys with beards were 96 percent honest.
- Blondes (66 percent) and gray-haired people (72 percent) were not as honest brunettes (73 percent).
- In the Northwest folks on skateboards were less honest than people on bikes.