Everyone knows that a toasted marshmallow and chocolate on a graham cracker is heavenly, but you can get creative with your s’mores. Here are some ideas:
- Swap plain chocolate for a peanut butter cup or other miniature candy fave.
- Spread Nutella, almond or peanut butter, or that Trader Joe’s cookie butter on that cracker.
- Who says it has to be a graham cracker? Use your favorite cookie, donut or brownie squares to sandwich that gooey marshmallow.
- Like salty and sweet? Sandwich that sticky sweetness with a Ritz.
- Who even says your campfire treat must be sweet? Make it savory with a sturdy cracker or slice of bread, and stick some cherry tomatoes on a skewer in the fire to roast. Quickly warm a little ball of mozzarella. Add a basil leaf … warm, gooey, caprese s’more!
- Experiment. Burnt, blackened marshmallows? Or toasted to a nice golden brown? Milk chocolate? Or something more luxurious? Maybe you want to add some bacon — why not? Get creative with your s’mores to come up with your own exciting recipes.