Washington’s capital city is rich with history and beauty perfect for a Instagrammable snapshots, anytime of the year, but Experience Olympia & Beyond has made it even easier to get the best shot with their “Selfie Spots.”
The 21 curated locations were selected for their historic, iconic, or beloved value, and you’ll have fun hunting them down while exploring the city.
The visitors bureau also sought tips from a Washington-based New York Times photographer that’s poised to help you win Experience Olympia’s selfie contest. Submit a form online, and for an extra entry, post your selfie on social media with the #DecidedlyDifferent tag.
The contest ends Dec. 31, and one person will win an overnight stay at Swantown Inn & Spa, dinner at La Petite Maison, a gift card to shop at Blackbird Mercantile, and tokens to spend at the Olympia Farmers Market.
Stop by one or all of the “Selfie Spots” and enter to win.
1. Tumwater Falls, 110 Deschutes Parkway Southwest, Tumwater
2. Mark Twain Statue at Washington State Library, 6880 Capitol Boulevard, Tumwater
3. Tumwater Historical Park, 802 Deschutes Way SW, Tumwater
4. Olympia Farmers Market, 700 Capitol Way N, Olympia
5. Heritage Park Fountain, 30 5th Ave SW, Olympia
6. Kissing Statue at Percival Landing Park, 217 Thurston Ave NW, Olympia
7. The Grand Staircase at Saint Martin’s University, Father Meinrad Gaul Dr SE, Lacey
8. Regional Athletic Complex, 8345 Steilacoom Rd SE, Olympia
9. Shipwreck Beads, 8560 Commerce Pl Dr NE, Lacey
10. Old Tenino Bank, 213 Sussex Ave W, Tenino
11. Tenino Depot Museum at Tenino City Park, Park Avenue East, Tenino
12. Historic Tenino City Hall, 49 Hodgden St S, Tenino
13. Great Wolf Lodge, 20500 Old Hwy 99 SW, Centralia
14. Gate City School House, 16925 Moon Rd SW, Rochester
15. Thurston County Fairgrounds, 3054 Carpenter Rd SE, Lacey
16. Bucoda Welcome Sign, Bucoda
17. Bucoda Museum, 202 South Main St, Bucoda
18. Yelm-Tenino Trail, Across the street from City Hall at the Wagon Wheel, Yelm Ave W, Yelm
19. Yelm Water Tower, 901 NW Rhoton Rd, Yelm
20. Main Street Cookie Company, Binghampton St, Rainier
21. Rainier Mural (side of the Main Street Cookie Company Building), Binghampton St, Rainier