Tame your hunger for Hama Hama and Hood Canal oysters. April is the month for oysters at Alderbrook Resort and Spa. The sweet bivalves are on special all month long, plus when you book a room this month, it’s 30 percent off!
Along with the specials, guests can enjoy many family-friendly oyster activities:
• “Oyster Hour” – Executive Chef Lucas Sautter, winner of Iron Chef at Washington State Oyster Festival, will feature his own Oyster specials in the Restaurant M-F from 3-6pm during “Oyster Hour”. Traditional happy hour menu with additional Oyster selections and drink specials at 50% off
• Meet Chef Lucas –Executive Chef Lucas Sautter will be in the Lounge every Friday during Oyster Hour giving guests oyster shucking lessons and pairing raw oysters with infused alcohols. Don’t miss your chance to try some unique pairings while watching Chef Lucas in action
• Live music – in the Lounge every Friday during late night happy hour (9pm-close)
For the entire family:
• Oyster 101 with boat captain Cindy Sund (former owner of an oyster farm and granddaughter to 1 of first 3 men that introduced the Pacific Oyster seed to the Hood Canal). Thursdays at 4:00 p.m.
• Kid’s Sealife Beach Tour – Providing kids with a map and a bucket to explore the beaches to find and identify sea life
• Oyster BBQ on the lawn – Every Wednesday from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
• Pier Peer Night Exploration of Hood Canal – Join People For Puget Sound naturalists as they shine a light (literally!) on the creatures of Puget Sound – this will show sea life that plays in to the life of the oyster. April 21 and April 28 only.
• Kid’s Oyster Arts & Crafts – Sunday fun for the kids with oyster shells and paint.
Do you have a favorite oyster? What’s your favorite preparation? Raw? Fried? Barbecued?