Valentine’s Day is a tricky holiday. Do you do it big with a night out at a romantic restaurant and a show? Or do you save the money and the effort and do something low-key at home. Here at South Sound, we love choices. Here are our top things to do inside at home or out on the town. And for all of you boycotting this romantic holiday, be assured, you can do all of these lovely things with a great friend.
Top 5 Valentine’s Dates in Your Own Home
This year you might not want the hustle and bustle of a Valentine’s Day out on the town. It can be more relaxing to just stay home and it can also be easier on your wallet. Here are some fun ideas for staying in on Valentine’s with a hot date or a great gal pal.
- Make something together! Cute Valentine’s Day crafts can be very fun and rewarding when finished. Like making these Martha Stewart candles.
- It can be cheesy but a picnic inside is always fun. Spread out a blanket in your living room and have a nice date night.
- Rent a movie you always wanted to watch together. Relax and enjoy.
- Order in from your favorite restaurant and set it up with candles and the works.
- You don’t have to go out for cocktails this Valentine’s. Why don’t you make some at home with easy online recipes.
Top 5 Valentine’s Dates Out on the Town
If you want to go out to a special event or nice dinner with your Valentine’s date this year, here are some places you might want to consider. There’s romantic stuff to do that’s local and fun for everyone.
- El Gaucho is now taking reservations for Valentine’s Day so make yours now, they book up every year. 253.272.1510
- Hosted by First Presbyterian Church, The Sonic Delights will present A Choral Valentine on Saturday, Feb. 9, 7:30pm. They will be joined by the UW Chamber Singers. This event is perfect for music lovers.
- On Thursday, Feb. 14, at 7:30pm the Pantages Theater is hosting Sweet & Spicy: A Valentine’s Day Burlesque produced by Enjoy Productions. Your ticket will include a decadent dessert buffet.
- Try out a local winery, like Medicine Creek Winery not far from Olympia. There have a nice tasting room which is open weekends from 12pm-5pm.
- If you want to go on a fun date where you don’t have to take yourself too seriously, try Roller Skating at Tiffany’s Skate Inn in Puyallup or a trip to the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium. The Zoo will be hosting a Shark Extravaganza Feb.16-17.