Metropolitan Market recently introduced some excellent flavors made exclusively for the specialty store – Aceto Balsamico di Modena IGP and Organic Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The olive oil comes from Crete and the balsamic comes from Italy. Metropolitan Market recommends using the balsamic vinegar on strawberries, caprese salad and most interestingly, vanilla ice cream (try it with a touch of sea salt…it’s delicious). The olive oil is perfect for salads, crostini, pasta and fish. Metropolitan Market olive oil is $8.99 and Metropolitan Market balsamic vinegar is $19.99.
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- ¼ cup Metropolitan Market olive oil
- ¼ cup Metropolitan Market balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons chopped garlic
coarse sea salt to taste
- 2 ounces goat cheese, herbed or plain, crumbled
- Preheat grill or broiler. Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic in a bowl.
- Remove and discard mushroom stems. Place the mushroom caps on the hot grill with stem side facing up; cook five to eight minutes on each side. Brush mushrooms with the seasoned oil and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Top the grilled mushrooms with a few crumbles of goat cheese.
- Serve with your favorite grilled meat and seafood or create a meatless burger with all the traditional garnishes.
Check out more recipes using Metropolitan Market olive oil and balsamic vinegar online.