Check out this hot buttered rum recipe from McMenamins, using its Edgefield Three Rocks Spiced Rum.
Edgefield recommends using a warmed Irish coffee glass (8 1/2 oz).
- 1 shot Three Rocks Spiced Rum
- 1 heaping tablespoon hot buttered rum mix
Combine ingredients and fill with hot water and stir. Top with heavy whipping cream. Garnish with swirl of chocolate and grated orange peel.
For the McMenamins Hot Buttered Rum Mix:
(makes 1/2 quart)
- 1/4 tablespoon cloves, ground
- 1/4 tablespoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 tablespoon allspice, ground
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
Melt butter, stir in brown sugar and spices, store in covered container.