Brooks Running Company recently conducted a fun study and found out a lot about people who run – from why they do it and how they often take selfies to prove they did it.
In addition the Brooks Global Run Happy Report indicates:
- 97 percent of people say their day is better after a run.
- 57 percent of runners reported they’re most likely to come up with their most creative ideas on the run. (18 percent get their best ideas in the shower and 13 percent in the car.)
- They compared their intimacy style to their running style (34 percent slow and steady, 37 percent prefer intervals and 19 percent said sex was like a mud run “a little dirty with lots of laughs.”)
- 59 percent of runners report they post pictures of themselves on their run on all facets of social media. Facebook is the most popular form of posting these pictures at 40 percent.
- 35 percent of runners agree that posting a selfie at any point during a run is essential.
- 56 percent of women say they wear make-up when they run and 44 percent say they never do.
- 37 percent of runners would want to carry an Olympic torch through their hometowns.
- If the runners were to establish a relay team 53 percent would want athletes on the team. And 4 percent would want the Kardashian sisters.
There you have it. Next time you go on a run, think about where to stop and strike a pose and which Kardashian sister you’d want in that selfie.