In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, we thought you might want to include a little extra green into your meals! Rather than using food coloring, Darigold’s Test Kitchen has created this Green Tea Chiffon Cake that uses matcha green tea powder to naturally color and flavor this delicious dessert! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Green Tea Chiffon Cake
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 1 ¼ Cups of Sugar
- ½ Cup of Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Baking Powder
- 8 Eggs, Separated
- ¾ Cup Green Tea, Cooled
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- Pinch Cream of Tartar
Fresh Whipped Cream
- 1 Cup Darigold Whipping Cream
- ½ Cup Powder Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, matcha green-tea powder and baking powder.
- Whisk together eggs yolks, green tea and vegetable oil in a small bowl; add to dry ingredients and mix until blended. In a large mixing bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar and beat until medium peaks form.
- Fold together beaten eggs whites and batter until just combined.
- Pour into an 18x13x1 sheet tray, lined with parchment paper and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, rotating half-way through the baking process. Place on a wire rack to let cool.
- For whipping cream, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and Darigold whipping cream.