The BMW Car Club of America Foundation’s “Heroes of Bavaria – 75 Years of BMW Motorsports” collection has never been to the West Coast, until now. LeMay – America’s Car Museum held a crowdfunding campaign to bring the legendary collection to Tacoma.
The grand opening for the exhibit will be held at 5 p.m. on May 12 at LeMay – America’s Car Museum. At the event, 17 rare and historic BMWs and related racing memorabilia will be revealed, and Bavarian food will be served at the event.
The following BMW guest speakers will also give talks:
- Bill Auberlen, BMW factory race car driver with the most wins in history
- Tom Plucinsky, head of BMW’s Group Product and Technology Department
- Erik Wensberg, BMW of North America’s veteran motorsport and M Brand Manager
- Peter Gleeson, Seattle area BMW collector
“As proven by the extraordinary collection of race cars within Heroes of Bavaria exhibit, BMW rightfully earns the title of the ‘Ultimate Driving Machine,’” said America’s Automotive Trust CEO Adam Langsbard. “We’re thrilled to be the first to display this unrivaled collection on the West Coast.”
The cars in the exhibit include:
- 1965 BMW 1800 TI/SA
- 1975 BMW 3.0 CSL Group 4 IMSA
- 1976 LeMans Posey BMW 3.5 CS
- 1977 BMW E21 320 Turbo
- 1981 March-BMW 812 F2
- 1981 March-BMW M1/C
- 1987 BMW E30 M3
- 1992 BMW E36 M3 GTS-3
- 1994 BMW E34 M5
- 1994 BMW E36 318i
- 2011 BMW E92 M3 GT
- 2014 BMW E89 Z4 GTLM
- 2016 BMW F13 M6 GTLM
Buy tickets to the event on ACM’s website.