There are so many details that go into making your big day everything you dreamed it to be. From choosing the venue and food to deciding on colors and textures, so much goes into a wedding. That’s why the team at Hyatt Regency Lake Washington wants to take the pressure off brides and grooms by helping them put everything together for their dream weddings.
Joseph Colucci, event sales manager and wedding specialist for Hyatt Regency Lake Washington, has noticed trends that couples are leaning towards more often, and some wedding trends that are a thing of the past. Check out the following “ins” and “outs” when it comes to all things weddings this season.
- A shorter ceremony personalized for the bride and groom.
- Personal vows written by the couple.
- Rustic and outdoor settings are a popular backdrop. “Some people have their weddings on the dock,” Colucci said. “They want to be up close and personal with nature.”
- Traditional weddings with long ceremonies.
- Bringing the outdoors inside with natural elements such as plants, beach woods, and tree stumps.
- Greenery to decorate food tables.
- Over the top décor, including huge floral arrangements and chandeliers.
- The current most popular color seen at Hyatt Regency Lake Washington is deep purple. “We smile at the office because the particular shade of purple that is trending right now is the exact same color as our logo,” Colucci said. “We’re big fans.”
- Gold is also in and shows up as an accent.
- Subtle pastels.
- A signature drink — this is often made into a contest where the couple keeps track of whether the bride’s drink or the groom’s drink is most popular.
- Moscow mules are still all the rage.
- Standard well drinks and a basic bar menu.
- The traditional plated meal is still in, however, family style dining is also popular.
- Fun add-ons to the traditional meal, such as tacos or an ice cream bar are also fun for guests.
- DJs aren’t going anywhere!
- Fun games like corn hole, ring toss, and drinking games.
- Photo booths are also here to stay.
- Choreographed dance routines by either the couple or bridal party — however, these are fun to watch on YouTube.
- Brides are picking more fitted dresses for the big day.
- The same color but different dress trend is still popular for bridesmaids.
- Grooms are leaning toward fun and funky suits with color, and even patterns.
- Solid colors and matching dresses.