Seriously. Whether she gave birth to you, adopted you, or just loved you like a daughter or son, May 8th is the time to celebrate the women in your life who have mothered you. We have lots of ideas:
- Make her a meal (and do the dishes).
- Give her flowers — hanging baskets last a long time and are on sale.
- Jewelry is almost always a hit. And you can make it at the Tacoma Art Museum May 8 during the Mother’s Day Brunch at the museum. Tickets include museum admission and a jewelry-making workshop headed by a local artist!
- Make her a card, and share your love with words.
- Frame a photo that will make her smile.
- Do something she needs done off her “to-do list.” Or hire someone who can!
- Take her for a walk or hike (hold her hand).
- Buy her something sweet, like The Cookie at Metropolitan Market!
- Buy her a FitBit, Kindle, or something else she always buys for other people. If she already has a device, load a book or song onto it. Mom’s are cool, too.
- Give her a hug and simply say “thanks.”
For more Northwest style Mother’s Day Ideas click here.